This a special interactive wildlife safari with a strong educational flavour, designed especially for families or small groups. It is a fun learning experience that allows you to explore not only the wildlife, but also the authentic lifestyles of two of Africa’s last remaining and culturally fasctinating tribes – the Masai and the Samburu. Under the tutelage of their ‘Moran’, or warriors, our guests get to know, enjoy and understand these unique people and see the Kenya bush from a completely different and unique perspective – through the eyes of the people who have called this wilderness their home for centuries
What you do
- Learn and experience at first hand the bush skills, folklore and ancient wisdom needed to survive in one of the richest wildlife regions in Africa;
- Gain in depth experience in wildlife tracking following an elephant or a leopard, learn survival skills, visit an original Masai village, learn how to use bow, arrows, pangas and spears, build a bush camp, tend goats and cattle whilst listening to masai or samburu stories and songs;
- Share time with real Masai and Samburu warriors while they walk, sing, track and live the traditional life in this phase of their existence;
- It can be combined with the regular safari activities and it can last for one day up to one week;
- Learn how to bead and create traditional Masai or Samburu artifacts.